Hi this is Matt from Kurb Promotions in auckland, I write on this blog – well originally I just used to throw up posts because blogging is a sensational way to get noticed and taken seriously by google, which can bring tyou a whole lot of traffic. Then I used as a tool to throw around ideas and it’s been great because some ideas really have to be worked over before they’re ready to become something workable.
Kurb specializes in the cheapest CD Duplication, DVD duplication, CD replication and DVD replication services in New Zealand and Australia. We also offer cheap auckland printing and photocopying services. We’re also moving into video production services and developing entertainment brands.
Our main new ideas come from bartercard and trademe. As we expand we are acquiring a new staff member, and I feel ready to tackle the idea of a brochure I can use to let people know about all our services.
The brochure is designed to let people using one of our services no about our other services, but we’re only focusing on general stuff.
So we’re talking in auckland, new zealand:
CD / DVD duplicating / CD / DVD replicating services
cheap printing and photocopying – auckland poster placement
video production services – the $495 package shifting to the $595 package.
pirate entertainers + DJ services / entertainment brands
budget online marketing:
$295 youtube video
$295 newsletter/blog/press release combo
$295 advertising set up and campaign
$995 all of the above!
On trademe we’re now selling CD’s and DVD’s because it’s a safer way to get into online retailing and hopefully the assistant will come in and manage the whole thing, I’ll just add products. We’re selling 2 compilations and a mix cd for $15, the cost to me will be about a $1 for this in particular but it’s not a common case. I will definitely go for bundles. 2 cd’s cost $1.60 to produce, and I’ll sell for $15, I don’t know what fees are I’m hoping the profit is $13.70 as I say, just have to sell 10 a week, 9 even and it would be worthwhile.
A band could sell for $10, and receive $5 barter from us. But it’s not about the trademe business. It’s about establishing a market. Whether we go physical retail or direct is entirely circumstantial, we gather a market and then we can sell to them. I am half expecting that this blog will grow to be a part of the apparatus serving that market.
Firstly, we can mail them the brochure we’re planning, so they then become aware of our cd dvd duplication, our cheap auckland printing and photocopying services, and cd replication services, our video production services and our entertainment brands, we lay deals out for them and possibilities, compelling reasons why to choose our service.
Then of course we have established a market for music. If every time we put out a CD 500 people will buy it, We only need put out a CD each month and push it. You see when we do 500 duplicate CD’s we make about $400, but if we make $5 of each one, we make $2500. That’s $2000 p/month, that’s not shabby.
– soon we’ll be accepting bartercard for the following services:
– CD DVD duplication / CD DVD replication
– online marketing / small business marketing
– video production
– cheap colour printing
So I’ve gone ahead now and joined Bartercard and so far it’s looking pretty good. Since I discovered my mechanic is already in there, I was stoked.
At the moment, I’m bracketed to be making an extra $1500 p/month through bartercard.
Bars in town include: Grand Central and Basement
Local Cafes / Eateries include: Okra, Icoco, Euro Cafe, Noodle Canteen, Satya, Tusk
Carpet Cleaning, Dry Cleaning (st Lukes and Grey Lynn), Costume Hire, Locksmiths, Dentists, Skincare, Massage
95bfm if I wanted to promote an event
I figure that between restaurants and the mechanic I’ll use $100 p/week at least and doing this or that for the business and house and stuff will be the next $100, if I make any more, I’ll just blow it on myself. But it would be good to build up a surplus so I when I went away I could spend up on it.
I think there are certain aspects to our business that really dispose it towards the bartercard model, let me just list a few of those:
– TARGET MARKET – the cd and dvd duplication and dvd / replication – burning, printing, reproduction, pressing, manufacturing – all that kind of thing that we do – is a service mainly directed toward other businesses – business that are “b2b” that mainly serve other businesses rather than private customers are best suited to barter because we haver services that are in demand by the businesses that use bartercard.
– LOCATION – we’re based in central auckland – covering sandringham, balmoral, mt. eden, grey lynn, three kings, mt. roskill, mt. albert, pt. chev, avondale, ponsonby, k rd, symonds street, westmere, penrose, onehunga, new windsor, st. lukes, western springs, kingsland, newmarket, that covers a lot of businesses who will use us and we can use them. if we were out in the wops, then it would harder for us to provide our service to other users, and it means we are close to many restaurants and businesses we wouldn’t and couldn’t use otherwise.
BUSINESS STRUCTURE – I am the one who stands to benefit from this, I am aware that the bartercard for me will be about treating myself – debt collectors, panel beaters, tailors and drycleaners, restaurants, massages etc., a lot of these things are treats, or things I would deliberate over spending money on but not if I had a grand to spend on it every month, because I think that’s where I’ll be aiming. I don’t think the actual on paper profits will be significant but I’ll have a pool I can dip into for little boost ups.
– CAPACITY – I could easily handle another $1000 worth of business per week. Sure I’d have to jack up my operation a little, and be working hard again,
– REVENUE STRUCTURE our margins on cd / dvd duplication and cd / dvd replication are good, which means that a whole lot of orders coming through is not going to be a drag. Imagine if we were doing $1000 p/week in barter, which was costing me $500. Having to find $950 to spend my barter dollars on each week. Wow, now that would be interesting. I don’t see how it would be bad, or how I would be making more sales to bartercard people than direct revenue but it’s worthwhile considering.
Auto repair and panelbeating
Drycleaning / tailors
Dentist + Skin